Friday, January 23, 2009

Fusion Style Beef Fettucini


I was craving brown noodles today, mandarin style, but there's no mandarin restaurant or panda express around. The chinese food here in Kentucky is not the same as back home in California. I don't know what it is but it's better back home. I wanted to recreate the chow mein but I only had fettucini on hand. One of my close friends had a recipe that had ketchup and soysauce in it for the sauce. I searched online and sure enough their it was. I cook a filipino style noodle before so I used the same technique. Enjoy!

Fusion Style Beef Fettucini

1 Box fettucini
2 stalk of celery (chopped)
2 stalk of green onion (cut 1/2 inch)
1 cup of cabbage (largely shredded)
1 small onion (chopped)
2 - 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
1/4 cup of ketchup
1/2 cup of soy sauce
pinch of salt
1 tbs of chicken bullion (chicken broth will work)
1/4 cup of water
8 oz. of beef (sliced)
1/4 tsp annatto powder


Slice all vegetables and set aside.

Slice the beef and pound flat...I marinated it ahead of time with some soy sauce, ginger, and garlic, you can marinate it any way you like.

On a separate bowl mix ketchup and soysauce.

Boil pasta (al-dente style)

Put oil in wok and add annatto powder and garlic, stir till aromatic. Than add onion. Cook till translucent. Add chicken bullion.


Add cut vegetables and water than mix, set aside once translucent


In the same wok add a little bit more oil and add beef. Cook till brown.

Once browned and meat juice have come out put back the cooked vegetable mix.

Add fettucini noodles and soysauce/ketchup mix and stir.


Cook for a good 10-15 minutes to let all flavors mix, add more soysauce if needed.


1 comment: